Tuesday, November 16, 2010

33/34 Weeks

So 34 weeks and we are almost ready for a baby... nursery done, bags packed, car seat in the car! Wooo hoo!!! Parenting here we come :)

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:


How Far Along: 34 weeks (8 1/2 months)

Fruit/Veggie: the weight of an average cantaloupe

Size: about 18 inches and about 5 pounds

Baby Changes: Baby Becker's fat layers — which will help regulate his/her body temperature once he's/she's born — are filling out, making a rounder baby. Babies skin is also smoother than ever. Tatonka's central nervous system is maturing and his/her lungs are continuing to mature as well. His/her tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now.

Best Moment this week:Well technically it was last week... but.... the prayer shower and school baby shower, were both a total blessing! Oh, and how could I forget the nursery is ready and locked.... I am relieved this is finished, and resolved not to peak! Thank you Matt and Molly :)

Gender: precious baby..... I have been thinking boy this week... who knows??

Movement: Tatonka's movement has slowed down this week. It is more like get me out of here pressure, than kicking and flipping like weeks past. I guess he/she is feeling really tight in there. Oh and the hiccups have become a daily, whole belly shaking occurrence, kinda a funny feeling.

Food/Drink Craving:umm.... none really... my appetite has gone down, with less sounding good. Oh don't be mad at me, but I love me some decaf coffee with lots of milk!

Sleep: I don't sleep..... I lay down, start to snooze, then have to get up and go to the bathroom.... then the cycle starts again...

What I am looking forward to: Being off of school Thanksgiving break... it is getting harder and harder to make it through the school day.... rest sounds great! Oh and my grandparents are flying down from Oklahoma, and I love them so much!

Symptoms: I feel gigantic.... I am not complaining, but I have no idea how people can "love" being pregnant, my body is super uncomfortable . The swelling has started, it is not super severe but Keith and I both definitely notice it. Throwing up breakfast is annoying and a hard way to start the day... but only 40 something more days!

5 comments:

  1. You are sooo much bigger than when I saw you 2 weeks ago! I can't wait to meet this little one! LOVE YOU : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your belly is darling! SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori, you look great! The countdown has begun!! I hear you on the lower appetite, no sleeping, uncomfortable feelings! We have just under 3 weeks to go (maybe less). Wishing you a smooth, quick and healthy last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....SURELY IT WILL BE SOON....
    YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful, Tori! How's it going? This post was several weeks ago! I'm due next Wednesday, and can totally relate to you on the swelling. :) It's all worth it, though!
    By the way, I don't think we have your new address... could you email it to me?
    concretegirl1 at gmail dot com

    I look forward to hearing about your new baby!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete